Let’s talk about Canva!
I don’t use Canva much…or at all…because I’m a total Adobe girl. (It’s basically necessary for me to create my fonts & SVG designs.) But if I wasn’t a designer, I’d totally be using Canva.
In short, Canva is a browser-based graphic design program that makes it easy for users to create their own designs. Canva comes stocked with various items — fonts, graphics, stock images — and it also allows you to upload your own items, as well, to create your designs!
One question that I get frequently is whether or not a Canva user can upload their own fonts.
The short answer is yes!
There are a few caveats, though. This feature is not available for free Canva account users. It is, however, available to Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise, Canva for Education, and Canva for Nonprofit users. A user can also upload only up to 100 fonts. (If you’ve maxed that out, which is easy to do, you can remove some of your uploaded fonts to make a swap.)
Canva: Upload Font How-To
I created a video to show you how to upload a custom font to Canva! If you aren’t certain about whether or not a pro account is right for you, you can sign up for a free trial, which is what I did here in order to show you how to upload a font!
Here’s a breakdown of the instructions for a Canva Pro account:
- After you log in to your Canva account, click “Brand Kit” from the panel off to the side.
- Click “Upload a Font” which is found under the Brand Fonts section. You’re able to use multiple font file types: .otf, .ttf, or .woff formats are accepted!
- Navigate to the font you wish to upload, and click “Open.” You’ll be prompted to confirm that you’re licensed to use the font in this manner. (If you purchase my fonts, you’re allowed to upload the fonts to your Canva Pro account for your use only, whether personal use or commercial use!)
- Click upload after confirming!
- You’ll receive a message that lets you know if the upload was successful or not.
- That’s it! It’s so easy to upload fonts to Canva!
How to Access Your Uploaded Fonts
You’ll be able to find your uploaded fonts whenever you access the dropdown menu where the fonts are located. All custom fonts are found at the very top of the list, under the Uploaded Fonts section! I think it’s really nice and helpful that the uploaded fonts are separated from Canva’s font library.
Once you select one of the custom fonts, you’ll be able to type in it and create an awesome design!
Get Insane Amounts of Fonts
Check out my Handlettered Font Bundle!
You can definitely use these beauties in Canva to make your design that much more customized – premium fonts are great for giving your design that extra edge…not a knock against Google fonts or anything like that! There just aren’t a ton of handlettered fonts included in Canva’s font library.
This particular bundle is awesome because it includes so many fonts – more than 160 as of August 2021.
Don’t worry about licensing, either – it includes personal and commercial use, so you can sell the crafts you make using these fonts!